Read.Write.Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Read.Write.Love

A literary inspirational forum supporting creativity, community, and a positive space to grow.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paranormal recommendations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Misschief86

Misschief86

Paranormal recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Paranormal recommendations   Paranormal recommendations EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 am

For anyone looking for book recommendations and enjoy paranormal/fantasy then I highly suggest the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. They're a series of books about vampires, but not the sparkly kind. These are real, blood drinking vamps. I was a little skeptical to get back into reading about vampires, as I really did not enjoy Twilight, but I was blown away by these books and characters. There are also side books that follow other characters that appear throughout the series.

I also highly recommend the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. The series follows Charley, who is a grim reaper and also runs a private investigation business. She's downright hilarious and gets herself into all sorts of trouble. She's also in love with the son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, which makes for some interesting problems for her. I've only read the first 3 books in the series but they are great and I can't wait to get around to the rest of them!
Back to top Go down
https://bookhookersnook.wordpress.com/
themrsdixons
Admin
themrsdixons

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal recommendations   Paranormal recommendations EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:54 am

The charley series sounds pretty interesting. It sounds a bit like A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. He writes about vampires as well, it is a comedy series, but it is very very believable. Actually some of the best vampire books i've ever read. He is for sure one of my all time favorite authors.
Back to top Go down
http://readwritelove.betaboard.net
Misschief86

Misschief86

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal recommendations   Paranormal recommendations EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:16 pm

The Charley series doesn't really focus on vampires, but demons and ghosts. I think there might be some vampires in there but I can't really remember. It's sort of a comedy series as well but it has a lot of drama as well. They're so good.
Back to top Go down
https://bookhookersnook.wordpress.com/
themrsdixons
Admin
themrsdixons

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal recommendations   Paranormal recommendations EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:21 pm

ya, a dirty job is about a secondhand store owner who becomes a reaper and has a baby daughter and is being attacked by the forces of darkness but he gets pet hell hounds so thats cool, sequel coming soon. theres a trilogy of vampire novels, bloodsucking fiends, you suck and bite me. then he also writes about... jesus and demons and whales and does a sort of...retelling of king leer. he is all over the map but nothing so far has felt out of his depths. oh and he recently wrote about vincent van gogh. typically im not into vampires because i cant justify the reality of their existence, im more of a zombie person or creatures of omnipotent fright. lol As for paranormal though, im currently reading hell house by richard matheson and its pretty decent so far.
Back to top Go down
http://readwritelove.betaboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal recommendations   Paranormal recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Paranormal recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Read.Write.Love :: Spread The Word :: Literary Recommendations & Reviews-
Jump to: